Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hello, again

I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged.  A lot has happened in our lives the past several months.  Cody got a new job, we lived apart for one long month, we sold our house, bought a new house, lost our precious dog to cancer and are just now trying to adjust to this new life.  We didn't move as far as we had hoped but because of all the ups and downs of his previous job interviews, God had prepared my heart to be open to anywhere he wanted us to be.  We are only 3 hours away from our old home but it's definitely taking a while to get in a new swing of things.  I knew going into the move that there would be a little bit of a blue period for me during the adjustment.  Moving to a place that I don't know a soul, having no friends, losing MOPS from my life, the kids losing friends, losing all the perks of a big city, trying to find a new church is just to name a few.  In the beginning it was okay, I stayed so busy unpacking our things and doing things around the new home that kept my occupied and my mind busy.  Once all that was done reality started to come into check and force me to remember everything that I had left behind.  Yesterday Carter said, "I miss my kids in Dallas."  I said, "You're friends?" He said, "Yes!" I told him "Me too!"  It breaks my heart that even he is starting to get lonely from the move.  We have had the worst time trying to find a church home here so the opportunities to make friends has been hard.  Cody has been working a lot because the new hospital he is working for is opening a new hospital next week and it has been extremely demanding of his time to get everything ready.  The kids have taken it pretty hard with him coming home late and working parts of the weekends.  I'm hoping that all comes to an end in the next couple weeks and our lives can go back to semi normal.  I keep praying that God will show me his purpose for our lives now that we are relocated.  Sometimes it doesn't seem to make sense but i know only in time will his grand plan all be revealed.  I will try and update more often but its been so busy.  I love blogging as a way to get everything out, so I need to try and keep it up.  Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment